Tuesday 9 September 2008

Challenge 29: Bright and bold!


Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part last week, we all loved seeing your creations. This week's theme is 'Bright and Bold' You can make whatever you want using this theme.
We've come up with a few ideas for you. Thanks for taking part :-)






Congratulations to, Sue You have won last weeks prize - a set of Tanda stamps.

This week's Prize, supplied by Bootiful Stampz
- are these gorgeous 'Muad downloads' we have 10 to give away and everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by (10pm Monday the 15th of September GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 10 lucky peoples names will be picked at random winning these fab downloads (Good luck)


Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy

~~~~~~~~~





Card I stamped my Robbie image from Cuddly Buddly and water coloured him in, and matted him onto the card with bright red and green papers. I stamped a Happy Birthday circle greeting in red, and some more footballs in green which I added to the side of my card.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I wrapped a wide orange ribbon around a square base card. I stamped the 3D Daisy stamp in yellows and oranges and the leaves with shades of green and cut them out. These were shaped and mounted onto a white card with a sentiment stamped at the top, this was mounted onto some orange card and glued to the base card. I covered the daisy and leaves in glossy accents and added 3 orange gems to finish.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I started this card with the bright papers and thought I'd keep it simple and let the colours do the talking! I then stamped the butterfly image with black stazon and the thinking of you. I coloured in the hearts on the butterfly with white gel pen and gave him a bright bindi body. It was all finished with three big pink gems.
~~~~~~~~~




Box
I decorated my box with K & co papers. and watercoloured a hanglar image. I addded some freehand stitching, embellishments and lace around the edges.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I've made the background piece by sponging inks onto a piece of white card and randomly stamping all over the piece with the 'I do like to be beside the seaside' word stamp from Rubbadubbadoo. The beach huts, also from Rubbadubbadoo have been stamped onto various bright coloured card stock, cut out and mounted with 3D foam pads over the background. Embellished with a satin bow.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
tamped my image and coloured her with Pro Markers and then matted her onto butterfly patterned backing paper. I added a strip of gingham paper, a flower, some gems and some red craft wire.

~~~~~~~~~

27 comments:

Sammie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sammie said...

Be careful what you ask for -you might get it! This is definitely "bright and bold"!

http://buttonzandbradz.blogspot.com/2008/09/bloomin-bright.html

SammieJay

Kat said...

Great cards from the DT...you can see my Bright and Bold card at http://notenoughhoursto.blogspot.com/
thanks
Kate
x

DMG said...

Bright and Bold works for me!

Tilte said...

Great cards/box ... love this challenge, I made a LO about my sons birthday :o)

Tracey said...

Fab DT samples :o)

My card is here

Hugs
Tracey
x

Ceal said...

Fantastic Job DT
here is mine

Cathy said...

Great theme and fab creations. My card is on my blog.
Thanks for looking,
Hugs
Cathy xx

Wendy said...

Hope this is ok
Here's mine

Linanna DESIGNS said...

The DT projects are fantastic as always. Here is mine.
http://linda-wright.blogspot.com/2008/09/bright-and-bold-make-something.html
Linda x

Bubbles said...

Added 2 cards for you so take your pick ladies!
http://bubbles72blog.blogspot.com/

Joanne x

Riley said...

All the cards are beautiful!
Here's mine:
A sparkling Easter
Hugs Riley

Leann said...

Gorgeous examples from you all!
Mine's here :)

Joey said...

Fab cards!!! I love this theme!
heres mine:-

http://joeysworldofstuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-time-to-craft-challenge-29.html

thanks
x

nessy said...

oh great DT cards girls!!
my card can be seen on my blog
http://nessysnotes.blogspot.com/2008/09/celebrate.html
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Christine D. said...

Great cards!
My entry

Mrs Wonka said...

Great cards!

Here's my card here

Mrs Wonka x

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone - love everyone's creations ....
Here's Mine

Susie Little said...

Hi There

Heres My Card

Susie xx

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ohh what a lovely cards again DT :) the theme is funny. I only had to make 2 cards ;)
Here are my cards

hugs Ria

darcy48 said...

Well done team I have gone mad with this theme! Here is my card

pammy jo said...

this was so much fun! thanks for the challenge and the great posts from your dt! here's my bright and bold card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1053760?cat=500&ppuser=87466

Denise said...

Great challenge and dts, mine certainly is bold!!!!!!!!!!!have a look here:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-time-to-craft-challenge-bright-bold.html

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely DT samples

Here’s mine.

Hugs Jane x

crafty creations said...

here's the trinchie I made for this challenge

http://hilmof.blogspot.com/2008/09/this-is-my-entry-for-my-time-to-craft.html

Thanks for looking

mueppi said...

Great cards from DT!!!
Here is my card
http://mueppis-bastelwelt.blogspot.com/2008/09/bright-and-bold.html
Hugs Gisela

Marcea said...

hope I am not too late
here is my card
-x-